Dental disease is almost entirely preventable! Untreated dental disease can lead to serious health problems such as infection, damage to the bone or nerve, and total tooth loss. Infection from tooth disease can even spread to other parts of the body and in rare cases, can lead to death. That’s why preventive dental care is vital to your overall health.
You can practice preventive dental care on yourself by adopting these healthy habits:
- Always remember to brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Brush each tooth thoroughly and don’t forget to brush the tongue.
- Use a clean, soft-bristled toothbrush to prevent gum injury
- Replace your toothbrush at least once every 3 months.
- Floss between your teeth once a day.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit sugary snacks.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for a cleaning and check-up.
- Get yearly oral cancer screens.
- Contact your dentist right away if you notice sores on your gums or unusual bleeding.
Preventive dental care starts early! Make sure to instill these healthy habits with your children to help safeguard them against tooth decay.
Call Reel Dental today at 623-934-7606 to schedule an appointment.